Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Anti-Climax

This was written last month but was never finished...

The months of doing my research for my dissertation has ended. Marido cautions that I may fall into a mini depression as I am apt to do when I finish a big project or complete a dream. So here is life-long dream no 3. Now I wonder what is next...

1) Visit Spain - Completed in 2001
2) Get a pet - Completed in 2006
3) Get an MBA -Completed in 2007

oh yes.. i am feeling a little blue these days. Contrary to popular opinion, I do want to get back to the work force. But I am kinda fussy.... after all I am going to spend most of my waking hours on the job... better pick a good one! However, Jobs are not aplenty these days. I have gone for 5 interviews but there was no outcome. One interview that I went to in July still has not got back to me yet. They said that they are waiting for the Director to have time to meet the candidates. I wish that they could have just said that the position is closed!! I had a good experience with one companny.. they wrote a lovely email stating that my experience happens not to be what they are looking at right now.... well, at least they wrote and did not keep me waiting. (they are a small company with only 10 people).

oh well, one day at a time. In the meantime I best enjoy my lazy days of waking up at 9am... and being able to play with Nimbus endlessly. And best of all read... Just finished "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho. Moving but bizarre as most of his books are. Now reading "For Whom the Bells Tolls" by Ernest Hemmingway.

And onwards to more goals in life!!

No comments: