Monday, December 12, 2005

Passion...do I have it?

I have been wondering about the passions of my life. But do I even know what it means? Let's start at the very beginning.

The Passion is the technical term for the suffering and Agony of Jesus that led directly to the Crucifixion, his death by hanging on a cross. The origins of this meaning of the word lie in the Latin "passio" precisely to describe the travails and suffering of Jesus in this present context. All the other meanings of "passion" have been derived from this one.

It blows my mind to think that one man was passionate about something to die for it. I think about soldiers, terrorists, mothers, people in history who has done so for the love of someone or something. What tremendous power that death gives to transform the future.

I think of my one life here on earth. Of what my destiny is... of how far or not I have walked on this earth. I know that I have yet to fulfill my destiny.. cos if I had, I would not be here any longer. There it is, what is it? To find that one passion in life.. I pray for understanding and for perseverance to find it!

No comments: