Monday, March 10, 2008

Amidst the news of elections

I guess my pregnancy is still getting on despite me wanting to take a break from it and concentrate on the historic moment of Malaysian's political scene. We just had the elections on March 8 and I think that Malaysians in general were in shock at how far the opposition managed to take on Barisan National.

So back to my pregnancy - last night I developed some rectal bleeding and also the restless leg syndrome.... great! I could hardly sleep and am feeling rather exhausted now. Hopefully I won't have much problems tonight. According to Babycentre.com -This RLS is this an uncontrollable urge to move around in bed to relieve crawling, tingling, or burning sensations deep inside your legs.. Some researchers estimate that up to 20 percent of pregnant women develop this problem during the last few months of pregnancy, though others believe it's much less common than that.
This symptoms is normally noticed when you're at rest, especially right before you fall asleep or when sitting still for long periods, such as at the movies or during long car rides. Most of the time, you'll feel it in your legs, but some women experience it in their arms as well.

Moving the limbs brings immediate relief, but unfortunately, it's only temporary. As soon as you sit or lie down, the sensations return. Your restless legs may even be waking you up once you're asleep.

Dang! I wonder if there is anything more that is coming up!?? Horrors!

Anyway.. am 30 weeks now.. Babies are 1.3kgs now.. yippee! And measuring about 38cm...

Another 3 weeks to go before they are almost safe to come out. Then they will be about 2kgs (hopefully)

No comments: